My name is Arettie Stone. I believe in Christ and would like to share my beliefs in Him and some other religious beliefs that I have. That will include taking scriptures from The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. If I have eventually proven to be wrong in what I believe, so be it. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at arettiestone92@gmail.com.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

What Lack I Yet?

In Matthew 19:16-22, a rich man comes to Christ and asks how he can obtain eternal life. Christ lists the commandments to which the rich man responds that he is following the commandments, so what is he missing? Christ tells him that he needs to give up what he views as most precious on earth - his riches - so that he can serve the people.

Sometimes the Lord asks us to give up something that we love so that we can come closer to Him. Sometimes it feels like He is asking too much. This may be that we need to give up money, time, a relationship, et cetera. It will take faith, but if we will be willing to give up what the Lord asks, we will be blessed. Giving up one thing may allow for something better to enter our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment